Search Details

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

FAQs - Call Centre / Helpdesk

Q1:Who can help me in solving my queries?
A:You can ask your queries at the following places:
  1. By visiting our website www.passportindia.gov.in
  2. By calling call centre at 1800-258-1800
  3. By visiting Helpdesk at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra
Q2:Can I ask the status of my application by calling the Call Centre?
A:Yes, you can check the status of your application by calling at Call Centre at 1800-258-1800. You can talk to the Call Centre executive or punch your file no. into the IVR system to check your application status.
Q3:Can a Call Centre executive apply passport on my behalf?
A:No, Call Centre executive cannot apply for passport on your behalf.
Q4:What do I need to know, before calling Passport Call Centre to check my application status?
A:You need to provide your File Number and Date of Birth to the call centre executive to check your application status.
Q5:I have lost my passport. Can I file a complaint about the same through Call Centre?
A:No, you cannot file a complaint for loss of passport through Call Centre. Loss of passport should be immediately reported to the nearest Police Station and to the Passport Office or Indian Mission, if abroad.
Q6:Can I enquire about my nearest Passport Seva Kendra by calling Call Centre executive?
A:Yes. You can locate your nearest Passport Seva Kendra by calling the Call Centre at 1800-258-1800. You can also visit the website www.passportindia.gov.in to locate your nearest Passport Seva Kendra.
Q7:Can I reply to a show cause notice received by me by calling a Call Centre executive?
A:No, show cause notice cannot be replied through a Call Centre executive. An applicant has to reply the show cause notice in written or typed and send to the respective authority by post or personally meet officer concerned.
Q8:Can I lodge a grievance through Call Centre?
A:Yes. You can lodge a grievance with the Call Centre at 1800-258-1800. A grievance can also be lodged on the websitewww.passportindia.gov.in or by visiting helpdesk at your nearest Passport Seva Kendra.

No comments:

Post a Comment